Empire State is a very bad movie because it is based on a super weak unrealistic script. It may have roots in a true event but so much changed that it has become the biggest travesty.
If you can temporarily completely suspend your disbelief and lower you IQ to 40 or less then maybe you can enjoy it, otherwise the probability is you'll ask yourself if the screenwriter is openly making fun of the audience or God forbid if he is completely retarded.
- Tens of millions of dollars (probably hundreds of millions of today's money) are kept in an unsecured warehouse guarded by a single untrained unchecked guard.
- Chris potamitis steals money but apparently money in the warehouse is never checked. Then he goes on a shopping spree with his totally idiotic retarded brother Eddie in a hip club in town, people are wondering how in hell he's got so much money to spend, Eddie clearly says in front of 3 girls that his brother stole the money where he works but of course everybody get away with this.
- His brother is obviously so retarded that any sane person would never ever have talked about a robbery plan with him.
- A highly unrealistic robbing takes place at exactly the same day and time as planned by the 2 brothers: what are the odds? Assuming this was possible one can only assume that the robbery was prepared with internal help. The cops have to assume it. The brothers have to assume it. The company has to assume it and all should change their plans accordingly.
- But nope, the depository does not seem to think it has to increase the guard count and take additional measures even temporarily.
- Main cop Ransome notices main character when his partner dies. Then during the failed robbery attempt by strangers he sees Chris Potamitis calling someone on the phone but there are no reasons to become highly suspicious right? - Shortly after that the alarm rings again during Chris' watch, and of course nobody is concerned that it is the second time in a row that the alarm rings during Chris watch, that it also was during his watch that a robbery attempt took place and that his partner was shot while touring with Chris. Frankly it is really strange that Chris hasn't been name president & CEO yet.
- 9 million dollars are taken, there is a huge hole in the ceiling, the robber had to have the code or someone knowing the code had to open the door but no problem, Chris can go home and doesn't spend a second at a precinct.
- It's the biggest heist in US history but apparently it's not enough to check employee cars trunks. Also, only a genius would hide the money in the trunk of his brother's car trunk right? Because he knows for certain that the least suspicious robbers are employees right? - The cop is in his car, watching the 2 brothers arguing about what is in the car's trunk. He was suspicious enough to follow them but he isn't suspicious enough to run & go see what's in the trunk and confront them.
- You are a drug dealer. You hear about the heist of the century for 8 million dollars. A few days' later 2 low life losers come and want to purchase for 8 million of drugs. Are you A. suspicious or B. so happy you just go the biggest order in the history of drug dealing? Are you A. Taking the money and congratulating yourself or B. Try to rob they guys that got you 8 mil? - You just did the heist of the century. You A. Keep incriminating drawings in your locker for the fun of it or B. try to be as discreet as possible? - You just did the heist of the century. You A. lay low for a few years or B. think you will be the next big thing in drug dealing and buy drugs? - I could go on and on but you get the drill. Too bad there are decent actors there. If you want to see a decent movie about a true heist go see 11.6. -
Action / Crime
Action / Crime
After failing to get into the police academy, Chris Potamitis (Hemsworth), settles for a security guard job with the EMPIRE STATE Armored Truck Company. He makes the mistake of mentioning the company's lax security to his best friend, Eddie (Angarano) & is unwittingly drawn into an elaborate scheme to rob the abundant amounts of cash being stored there - resulting in the largest cash heist in U.S. History. As the stakes continue to rise, Chris and Eddie must outwit James Ransone (Johnson), the veteran NYPD Detective hot on their trail, & the local crime bosses that want to know who pulled a job on their turf.
Uploaded By: YIFY
Downloaded 241,211 times
August 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm